Food donations are vital to the support of the Food Cupboard and you have the power to help those who are hungry in our community. We service all of Ontario County and on average over 600 families per month. Your food donation makes an instant impact to those who rely on the Food Cupboard for support. We thank you for your consideration and your support.
During this pandemic we are accepting food donations at the Food Cupboard location on Anthony Drive in Victor. If you go to the left side of our building you will see a brown deck box near a large receiving door. Donations can be left in the deck box or dropped off Mondays or Wednesdays when we have office hours 8 am to 4 pm.
We would also be thrilled to have your donation dropped off during one of our drive thru popup food drives! Each Saturday in October 2020 we will have our van out in the community of Victor collecting food donations.
We are happy to accept hunted meat, but only if it has been processed and has a label on it.
Fresh fruits and vegetables even from your garden are always welcome!
We are NOT allowed to offer or accept any items that are considered medical, including vitamins. Masks are the exception to this rule.
Food/Items We Need As of 9/29/20
- pasta and pasta sauce
- Paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, napkins, plastic cutlery–we give these to homeless people)
- Peanut butter (especially small sizes or packs for student lunch boxes)
- small jars of jelly or jam
- Pop-top soup–hearty soups with protein and vegetables
- Canned proteins (chicken, tuna, black beans, etc.)
- Condiments – ketchup, mustard, relish, cooking oil, mayonnaise, steak sauce, salad dressing, etc.
- Canned fruit of any type
- Cereal (any type)
- Easy-to-prepare, nutritious, after school snacks: granola bars, crackers and cheese, peanut butter crackers, yogurt.